We’re just back from the Holiday Innovation Show at the Birmingham NEC and what can we say but WOW!
What a fantastic show – it really does showcase the best that the UK can offer when it comes to products and services for the holiday park and resorts sector.
Combined with the Best of British Holiday Parks AGM we had a very busy three days catching up with existing clients and discussing some fantastic new business opportunities.
It was great to see so many friends, colleagues, associates and park owners.
Thanks to everyone who came along and for making the show such a success!
Google Mini winner
For those that dropped by the stand and entered our competition to win a Google Mini, the winner is (drum roll please) ……
Kelling Heath Holiday Park in North Norfolk
Congratulations Mark, look out for your prize in the post!
If you missed Dave’s seminar on ‘Exploiting Mobile – the Holiday Makers New Best Friend’ you can download the slides here….
Highlights from his talk included:-
- Google reported that 50% of its traffic is on mobile, and 20% of that traffic is on voice, and growing rapidly.
- 51% of travellers expect to communicate via messenger of text with travel brands
- Half of mobile users abandon sites that take longer than 3 seconds to load
- OTAs are able to leverage huge amounts of data on individuals in order to deliver recommendations and travel suggestions. Holiday parks need to start thinking about how to do that too!
- A typical booking process involves 35 touch-points across desktop and mobile devices.
- Adopt a Mobile first strategy
- Prioritise search traffic that turns into park bookings
- Make call-to-actions prominent
- Make mobile contact easy
- Website speed is important to user experience, but now, it is a Google ranking factor, too
- There are fantastic opportunities to use digital & technology to engage with your customer when they are on your park!