Background to the business
Dorset Tea is a premium national tea brand created in 2009 to celebrate local company Keith Spicer’s anniversary and the Dorset sunshine that goes into every cup.
The brand now boasts a large range of blends including green tea and fruit and herbal infusions, as well as Dorset Tea merchandise. Dorset Tea distribute their range to national retailers, trade and direct to customers via their online tea shop.
Our challenge was to support the brand in growing their social following through delivery of a range of social media campaigns and competitions.
The key objectives being:-
- Grow the Dorset Tea social media community through creating shareable and engaging content.
- Drive awareness of the Dorset Tea brand, its products and the connection with Dorset.
- Target specific groups to engage with – such as people that live outside of the area who have stayed in Dorset over the weekend and are active on social media
We carried out an initial series of strategy and persona exercises to better understand the brand and its audience.
A campaign plan was developed to engage the Dorset Tea social media audience by sharing product information, iconic Dorset images, lifestyle shots and more.
We also targeted Dorset and Tea influencers – starting conversations and encouraging engagement with Dorset and tea related content.
We delivered a busy content schedule across multiple channels for Dorset Tea. Regular strategy planning sessions enabled us to develop successful campaigns such as Freebie Fridays, Tough Monday and Delivering the Sunshine.
Complimenting an on-pack promotion “Make Your Garden Glow” we managed a series of giveaway competitions, using targeted Facebook Advertising to maximise reach and engagement. To support this we created email marketing campaigns reaching a database of over 50,000.
Key Project Facts
- Campaign social media management
- Several email marketing campaigns & competitions
- Increased following & engagement