We’re looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to join our Development Team, ideally with previous web agency and/or software developer experience, to work on new and exciting digital projects and mobile apps.
12-months ago we launched a new app product – called Holidaymaker – to the tourism and hospitality sector, which is seeing fantastic growth. So, this is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious and hardworking individual to put their coding skills to use, and to make their mark on a great new product and within a growing digital agency.
- An understanding of code concepts such as object-oriented techniques, and languages
- Strong teamwork and communication skills with a great attitude
- Knowledge of software engineering practices, ability to follow house standards, and what defines good quality code
- A keen interest in learning new technologies and approaches to building good software
- Acute attention to detail and desire to achieve perfection
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Been involved in the full lifecycle of development from design and implementation, to testing and deployment.
- A technical degree level education is desired, but other relevant qualifications, experience, or knowledge would be considered.
What makes you special?
- Previous experience of developing mobile applications, web services, or full stack software.
- Knowledge of any of the following is advantageous:
- Native Android Apps built in Android studio using Java, or Kotlin, and XML user interfaces
- Native iOS Apps built in XCode using Swift, and user interfaces in Xib/Storyboard or SwiftUI
- Flutter or React
- C# using Xamarin, or WPF (XAML UIs) for single app development migration
- Web service / API development using PHP and MySQL or Postgres
- PHP Development using the WordPress CMS engine for custom plugins and/or themes
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
- Other knowledge of API and server-side systems
- Other knowledge of OOP software languages and frameworks such as C#, C++, or Delphi
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Ability to research unknown solutions or concepts, and apply to your own code in our house standards
- Previous experience in an agency, or working with clients
- Ability to write suitable tests for your own code, and debug other’s code when required
- A desire to contribute to team practices and help push them forwards
What we can offer you:
- A super friendly team
- Skilled senior staff who will help you to achieve your very best
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A growing agency with lots of interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Company pension
- Modern office with free parking, close to cafes and lunch stops
- Flexible working option for some part of the week.
- McD’s Friday, social events
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Monday-Friday
- £25K-£32K – dependent on skills and experience
- Permanent role with an initial 6-month probationary period
- Poundbury, Dorchester, Dorset
- Web or software developer experience: 2 years (professional)
How to apply:
Please send your CV, covering email, including GitHub page (or similar) with links to any apps you’ve worked on. If you are selected for interview, we will want to have a friendly, detailed conversation about your work, including looking at and discussing code on your projects.
Preference will be given to candidates who can provide examples of relevant work or projects. We’d love to see apps or digital projects you’ve developed that can be used by us to review your application and discussed as part of the interview process.
We will consider recent graduates if you can demonstrate projects.Got a question? Drop us a line.