We are looking to hire an enthusiastic PHP Web Developer ideally with previous web design agency experience to work on new and existing websites and web applications.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hardworking individual to put their coding skills to use, and to make their mark in a growing digital agency.
Day to day you’ll be developing websites; working on web applications and other development projects to enable our customers to achieve great things online.
We are a small and busy agency, so you’ll be ready to muck-in with the rest of the team to get things done. As you will see from the picture above we are a friendly bunch and it is not always about work!
We will consider a lesser-experienced candidate providing they are willing and able to learn quickly.
This is a permanent role with an initial 3-month probationary period
- Excellent PHP programming skills.
- Experience of using Modern CSS techniques
- A working knowledge of SQL, and general database concepts
- Knowledge of CMS concepts and developing themes from scratch
- Experience developing for the WordPress CMS platform including coding bespoke themes and extending with features such as Advanced Custom Fields.
- Acute attention to detail and will stop at nothing to achieve perfection
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A relentless drive for efficiency, performance and speed throughout all your work
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on-site at our office in Poundbury, Dorchester
Not essential but it would be good if you have:
- A relevant university degree
- Prior web design agency experience
- Full stack developer experience and have mastered a variety of skills
- Experience of coding up your own WordPress plugins
- Experience of API integration, REST / GraphQL
- Ability to create you own local stack environment
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Knowledge of SEO
- A super friendly team
- Skilled senior staff who will help you to achieve your very best
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- A growing agency with lots of interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into
- Company pension
- Modern office with free parking, close to cafes and lunch stops
- Flexible working option for some part of the week
- 3-months probationary period
- Team events, BBQs and the odd curry night
- Beer & Maccy-D Fridays
- Full-time, 9.00am-5.00pm (37.5 per week), Monday-Friday
- Negotiable dependent on skills and experience
- Poundbury, Dorchester, Dorset
- Web developer experience: 2 years (professional)
How to apply:
Please send your CV, covering email, including GitHub page (or similar) with links to any apps you’ve worked on. If you are selected for interview, we will want to have a friendly, detailed conversation about your work, including looking at and discussing code on your projects.
Preference will be given to candidates who can provide examples of relevant work or projects. We’d love to see digital projects you’ve developed that can be used by us to review your application and discussed as part of the interview process.
We will consider recent graduates if you can demonstrate projects.Got a question? Drop us a line.