Businesses from all over Dorset will be advised on keeping on top of business trends to stay ahead of the game.
The free conference – Superfast Business Conference: EMarketing & Technology Megatrends for 2014 and Beyond will take place this month on Tuesday 21 October at Kingston Maurward College. It will feature two key note speakers – our very own David Lakins from Key Multimedia Ltd and Paul Tansey, MD of Intergage.
Businesses will have an opportunity to assess their own website’s performance and receive guidance on developing it to fit the latest digital trends.
Speaking ahead of the conference, David Lakins said: “The landscape of the web is changing.
“Increasing usage of smartphones and apps, along with new design trends such as long scrolling pages, have made it more important than ever that businesses are able to keep their web presence up to date in order to stay relevant and satisfy their customers.”
“Websites these days can range from a simple brochure website detailing the products and services of a business to eCommerce platforms that sell 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. But what makes a great website – one that is not only easy to use but also engages with its target audience?”
In the session David will discuss the key web trends to be aware of in 2014/15, and offer some simple and practical advice for assessing if your website is fit for purpose, covering topics such as:-
• Making your website engaging
• Using the right calls to action
• Optimising your website for mobile users
• The importance of page layouts
• The impact of website performance for your users and on SEO
The free business conference, hosted by The Superfast Business Programme, will include a networking lunch with presenters and technology specialists.
EVENT DETAILS – Superfast Business Conference: EMarketing & Technology Megatrends for 2014 and Beyond (Dorchester)
- Free conference on Tuesday 21 October at Kingston Maurward College from 9am until 2pm.
- This workshop is aimed at small and medium sized businesses; business owners, decision makers, IT managers and marketing professionals.
- Please note that this event is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and there is an eligiblity criteria for attending. Businesses attending should be based in Dorset.
- For more details and to book visit here